Thursday, March 20, 2008

Higher Learning



A few weeks ago I was in the office on a Saturday morning while making copies the copier ran out of paper, we keep extra paper right next to the machine, when I opened the draw I saw that it was broken, which I already new about and being a quiet day I decided to pull the cabinet apart and find out what the problem was and repair it, Guys I am no handyman but figured I could handle this.

What I discovered was that the draw called for 8 screws to hold the front and back sections in place, and only six had been used leaving the back panel weak. The result was a catastrophic failure due to poor assembly, that’s what the FAA would have called it had it been an aircraft. It dawned on me that this cabinet would have come with a simple 2 page instruction sheet, which obviously the assembler ignored.


Life is full of simple instruction sheets and manuals just think about the driver’s manual, it teaches you the rules of the road giving you the meaning of solid white lines and the different warning signs you see posted. There are driving instructors to facilitate and help us learn these rules so we don’t have head on collisions due to human error. The Bible is Gods Manual on how to live a prosperous and happy life dealing with marriage, health, death, money and wisdom. There are Priests, Pastors, Rabbi’s, who instruct us on God’s manual to help us avoid many of the pitfalls in life. Realtors have many handbooks and manuals, they cover FSBO’S to contact management and explain the different skills and techniques that professional practitioner need to succeed. There are dozens of professional trainers and coaches just waiting to train the untrained, ever thought how happy that would make your managers and brokers, not to mention you’re trained peers. Once trained the business of selling real estate becomes far less confusing. Which leads me to ask you, who is coaching you? What training programs are you attending? What manual are you following? What are you doing to avoid your catastrophic career failure in real estate?

Let me know who your favorite real estate trainers and coaches are and why.

If you don’t have one visit the resource center on the page, or give me a call and I will be happy to recommend one to you based on your goals and budget.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Sharing Real Estate Success