Thursday, March 13, 2008

Sorry Not My Commission



Talked to one of our associates yesterday, Nikki Officer, she had just gotten back from a training class and was turning in her latest contract, when the discussion of short sales came up. She told me that she was going to add to all her future contracts that she submits to listing agents on short sale properties that her commission was not negotiable. I take my hat off to her.

I have not done a short sale in some years and am no expert, I have done about 5 in my career all going back prior to the year 2000. Every lender came at me for commission, now I was the listing agent on all those deals, I promptly replied to the lender that if it were not for me you would not have the deal, they backed down every time. Guys you have spent the money and worked hard to get the listing or the buyer, don’t back down. The only reason the banks try it is because too many agents lay down, don’t be afraid to tell the lender you’ll be happy to take your customer elsewhere. Remember, you have what they want, the BUYER, don’t be one of those soft real estate practitioners. Be a Pro. The buyer wants the house let them come up, lender wants to sell let them come down.

So What do we do, When you have listing, you control the show, if the listing agent is weak they will help give your money away,so when you are the selling agent put in your contract "selling agents commission is not negotiable."

No comments:

Blog Archive

Sharing Real Estate Success